Tuesday, June 29, 2021

She had tea with the President's Wife!

Beautiful Real Photo Postcard looking toward Baltimore's Washington Monument. But what's really exciting to me in this card is the text on the back! This traveling woman shook hands with President Roosevelt and had tea with Eleanor Roosevelt!


Era:  Undivided Back (1901-1907)
Publisher:  Raphael Tuck & Sons' Photographic Post Card Series 1017  "BALTIMORE"
Art Publishers to their Majesties the King and Queen
  Printed in: London?

 Was "to" cool at Niagara Falls, so I took a flying trip to Baltimore. Went over to Washington and shook hands with the Pres.  I wasn't in the receiving line but I had tea with the President's wife. After sending so many cards to you I think you should send a letter to me.  Miriam


Recipient and Address:  Mr. Fillsmon Loux, 329 Erie Ave., Quakertown, PA
Postmark(s):  Mailed from Allentown, PA  June 14, 1938
Cancelled Chicago Century of Progress penny stamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment